Full restoration completed in September 2016 by Tom Gilbert at Enstone. Only 920 hours Total Time. Continental W670 220hp with 230 hours since rebuild by Sanders Airmotive. Sensenich wooden propeller new at rebuild. Annual completed October 2017.
The aircraft has a JASCO alternator with modern but discreet electronics, including 8.33kHz Trig radio and transponder and ELT. Cleveland disc brakes. 66usg fuel gives over 5 hours endurance and makes this aircraft ideal for touring or vintage rallies.
Airplane time state
AIRFRAME HOURS: 920 Hours Total Time
ENGINE OVERHAULED: Rebuild by Sanders Airmotive.
ENGINE MAKE: Continental W670 220hp
PROP OVERHAULED: New at rebuild
PROP MAKE: Sensenich wooden
LAST ANNUAL: Valid To October 2017
[ 360 | Move image below with your mouse ]
discreet electronics, including 8.33kHz Trig radio and transponder and ELT
This aircraft is one of only 3 WACO (“ Weaver Aircraft Company Ohio”) model OEC
aircraft ever built in Troy, Ohio and the only surviving example. The 1932 Model OEC was the first WACO Cabin Biplane to be designed using a single compression tube between the wings instead of the steel flying wires commonly in use. It owes much of its lineage to the Model F two-place open biplane of 1930-31, which was developed to enclose the cockpits and add a rear bench seat. NC 12467 is unique in having been factory fitted with a 16usg auxiliary fuel tank in the starboard lower wing and a hand operated wobble pump to transfer fuel to the two upper wing tanks. It was delivered to its first owner, H C Lippiatt in California in May 1932. An Englishman from Blackburn, Mr Lippiatt became a WACO dealer in 1932 and the aircraft was used as a demonstrator for several months. Originally equipped with a Kinner C5 5-cylinder radial engine of 210hp and Hamilton Standard metal propeller, it has spent its entire flying life on the West Coast of the USA. In 1943, it was put into storage with 771 hours on the clock. The Kinner was not a popular engine choice, being less smooth in operation than the 7 cylinder engines available at the time. Sometime in the 1950s, a period when the aircraft was not airworthy, it was re-engined with a 220hp Continental W-670 7-cylinder radial engine but it is not believed to have flown with this particular engine. However, the change of power plant meant that the model was re-designated UEC, joining the fleet of 45 of this model built up to February 1933.